Monday, February 2, 2009

Alexa vs. Quantcast vs. Compete for traffic accuracy and tracking

I'm here to tell you that I've tried all three of these services for traffic tracking and they all suck, except for Quantcast, which is fairly good. Alexa is the worst of all showing very outdated and inaccurate information. For example, Alexa.com listing for Runescape Help shows random graphs and things that I just don't understand. Why the complicated stuff?

Then, moving on, we see Compete.com. Another disaster. Just look at it: RunescapeTop traffic on Compete.com. What is that? It's making no sense to me at all! I'm a gamer and I'm used to fighting monsters; not fighting graphs! Why are there graphs here?

Finally, we look at Quantcast. This is the best traffic service imho as it gives information without line graphs. It has bars that look like hitpoints (health). And I like that. Just take a look at the pretty bars for RunescapeTop. Aren't they green and red and beautiful?

Now, let me ask you a question: Hello. That is all.

Sphere: Related Content